RENTAL BIKE AGREEMENT & POLICIES
The customer hereby rents bicycles from The Bike Shop, subject to all terms and conditions of this agreement:
1.Ciclotel rents bikes only prior booking online or in the shop.
2. The rented equipment will be delivered and collected to/from the customer's hotel or accommodation or any other place previously appointed. Delivery and pick-up of bicycles can be requested.
3. The bicycles will be delivered and picked up on the day and time according to the booking or rental agreement. Customer delays, both on delivery and pick up of bikes, without notifying The Bike Shop, will result in an additional charge.
4. At the end of the rental period the customer must return the bicycles to The Bike Shop representative, identified with the original rental contract form, and should never leave the bikes to the hotel attendants, to any other person or at any place without previously notifying The Bike Shop about the situation. Failure to do so will leave the customer liable for damage, loose or theft of the rented bicycles.
RESERVATION, PAYMENT, DEPOSIT AND CANCELATION
5.Bike reservations must be done with enough anticipation in order for The Bike Shop to confirm availability. But, if the customer needs a bike on the same day he/she may call (+34) 965 888 268 to check for availability. The customer can also reserve a bike by submitting the online booking https://ciclotel.com/rent-a-bike-2/
6. Method of payment: cash or credit card (if previously requested), at the delivery of the bikes for the complete rental period reserved.
7. The customer signing the rental contract must be over 18 years old. Underaged customers must be accompanied by an adult.
8. On delivery of the bike/s the customer must read, accept and sign the rental agreement. The customer will be asked his/her credit card details as a guarantee deposit for the rented equipment. At the end of the rental period, the customer accepts a charge for any missing or broken items at market prices. If the customer prefers not to leave his/her credit card details, The Bike Shop will accept a cash deposit and the amount will be fixed when signing the rental contract. Proper ID( passport, driving licence or National Identity Card for EU-Citizens) is not acceptable as a deposit. The deposit will be refunded if the rented equipment is returned in the same conditions it was procured. If the missing or broken items exceed the deposit amount, the customer must settle the balance.
9. Cancelation of reservations without charge are only admitted 24 h before the programmed delivery time. Cancelation after this time or at the moment of delivery will be fully charged according to the customer's reservation.
10. No refund will be made for early return of the bicycles.
11. The rented bicycles and equipment may only be used by the designated customer and the members of his/her party as mentioned in the Rental Contract.
12. The customer is obliged to take good care of the rented equipment and to protect it from damage, loss or theft. In case of damage, loss or theft of the bicycle/s, components or any of its parts, The Bike Shop will charge the customer the full cost of the missing items at market prices.
13. The customer is obliged to lock the bicycle/s properly at all times when unattended, passing the lock through the frame and attaching the bike(s) to something fixed to the ground like a post or fence, if allowed, or else, a bicycle parking. It is highly recommended to keep the bikes secured at all times specially during overnight rentals.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
14. The Bike Shop has procured itself with proper third party liability insurance coverage of the bicycle rental activity.
15. The customer is responsible for adequate personal insurance coverage for risks that may occur during the rental period. The Bike Shop is not liable for any claims for body injury or harm, accidents, damage caused to third person property or loss of personal belonging caused by weather, sickness, or any other causes whatsoever beyond the control of The Bike Shop.
16. The customer and his/her group must respect Spanish traffic regulations. Any ticket or fine due to incorrect use of the bicycle will be completely assumed by the customer.
17. The information the customer provides is protected by organic law 15/1999 of 13th December regarding the protection of personal data.
18. Exclusive place of jurisdiction shall be Alicante, Spain. This contract shall be governed by Spanish law.